United Front Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC 91: Lesnar vs Couture

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lesnar vs Couture

UFC 91: Lesnar vs Couture Vote_lcap33%UFC 91: Lesnar vs Couture Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 4 ]
UFC 91: Lesnar vs Couture Vote_lcap67%UFC 91: Lesnar vs Couture Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

UFC 91: Lesnar vs Couture Empty UFC 91: Lesnar vs Couture

Post by Guest Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:15 am

Anyone watching it? I'm a big Lesnar fan however I think he will get caught up in a rookie mistake (example Lesnar vs Mir) and Couture will submit him. What do you guys think?

At most I see Couture winning in the 2nd round by submission.

Back to top Go down

UFC 91: Lesnar vs Couture Empty Re: UFC 91: Lesnar vs Couture

Post by Guest Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:03 pm

You cant beat experience

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:25 pm

aaronoshea wrote:You cant beat experience

UFC 91: Lesnar vs Couture Hillary-clinton

that's what she said

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:40 pm

JK Flash wrote:Anyone watching it? I'm a big Lesnar fan however I think he will get caught up in a rookie mistake (example Lesnar vs Mir) and Couture will submit him. What do you guys think?

At most I see Couture winning in the 2nd round by submission.

Couture is not know as someone who regularly goes for a submission. The most number of submissions he won was i think around 2 or 3.

I see Couture winning but it will be by him outclassing, out-punching the much bigger and maybe much stronger Lesnar. What we need to realize is that Lesnar was Randy Couture 10 years ago. Forcing his will on an opponent and imposing an almost unstoppable ground and pound game. I see Couture trying to keep the match standing (i wish he can) as his dirty boxing skills and striking (as evidenced by hiw wins against sylvia and liddell) as an advantage.

Nevertheless, its hard to bet against Lesnar. He's big, freakishly strong and agile for a big man. This will be a very exciting bout.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:09 am

I have seen Randy go for submissions before, however it isn't all that often. If you watched Pros vs Joes you know that Couture does have those in his arsenal. Lesnar has always been prone to submissions. Read Matt Hughes book and you'll read about him getting the best of Brock. He is a very large fighter and very quick and agile, not to mention the strength of the Incredible Hulk. I'd like to see him win. I guess we'll see in about 24 hours.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:43 am

I would root for Couture... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:06 am

JK Flash wrote:I have seen Randy go for submissions before, however it isn't all that often. If you watched Pros vs Joes you know that Couture does have those in his arsenal. Lesnar has always been prone to submissions. Read Matt Hughes book and you'll read about him getting the best of Brock. He is a very large fighter and very quick and agile, not to mention the strength of the Incredible Hulk. I'd like to see him win. I guess we'll see in about 24 hours.

When Randy Couture was in Pros vs Joes, he was fighting against people who don't know what they're doing. Even Chuck Liddell can submit those guys. Even Chris Leben will submit those people. Heck I think even Kurt Angle will. Those Joes were nobodys who don't know what they're doing, you can't use that as a basis of Randy's fighting style.

And we all know that Brock is prone to submissions. We all saw this with Mir. We was dominating him that fight. And we saw it improve during Herring fight. But if you notice, Lesnar had Herring mounted, had his back, had side control, and every dominant position. But did he go for the submission? nope he didn't because he's not comfortable. Same with Randy. If ever he gets a dominant position he will mist likely ground and pound.

I'm not ruling out that Randy can try to make Lesnar submit. We don't know Randy might try to submit Lesnar but imagine trying to put a kimura on those big arms. He might go for the legs. We don't know we will see in 24 hours just like you say. I'm just saying that Randy Couture isn't someone who usually goes for submissions. Probable the times that you said you saw him go for the submission will be against Arsdale and some guy from Netherlands, both by choke. So his record of 16-8 (8 KO, 2 submissions, and 6 decisions) -- unless you still want to include those joes he submitted *chuckle* -- might slightly improve if he does submit Lesnar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:56 am

Wow, I'm glad I was wrong. Like I said I am a huge Lesnar fan, have been since I saw him debut in the WWE. I think he already is maturing as a fighter. I agree with Joe and Mike when they said to wait for Lesnar to get some experience and learn some submissions and soon he will be unstoppable. Way to go Brock.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:05 am

lesnar shows up on raw with the ufc title, then drops it to batista -_-

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:23 am

I can't believe how monstrously huge Lesnar looked in this fight. Couture looked like a middleweight against him.

I'm also a bit surprised that after only 2 fights - one of which he lost - Lesnar was getting a title shot. That's crazy. If they feed him some real opponents, his championship reign won't last long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:29 am

true, lesnar was unranked when he was given the title shot against couture

couture was also unranked (and retired) when he was given a title shot against tim sylvia

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:44 am

They made the matchup of these two because Couture is still extremely popular and so is Lesnar. It sold tickets to see these two guys fight. Kinda strange though I thought Couture dropped the title and retired last year. Still a good fight. I didn't watch it live, just on youtube. Both guys did really well, but Lesnars pure strength won it in the end.
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 639
Registration date : 2008-02-16

https://unitedfrontwrestling.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:02 pm

true, it's all money. i dont know if lesnar's still a big name in america the last few years after leaving wwe, but dana white knows a good money deal when its available.

and he certainly had to do it before either couture or lesnar lost a big match. ufc had already lost a lot of good opportunities for dream matches because the big names lost in a big way before the dream match happened - like crocop, liddell, shogun.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:50 pm

you know what match i wish would happen? Gonzaga vs Lesnar. And with the improvement shown by Lesnar (IN JUST 4 FIGHTS!!) with his ground game, the way he controlled couture (which should be difficult -- Lesnar didn't show it) i think it will be a great match.

I feel bad Couture lost (sentimental value maybe) but I don't mid he lost to a freak athlete. Someone that big and strong should not be able to move that fast. Ain't just fair. I wish to know though how Lesnar would fare against someone who is more dangerous on their back... against a noguiera, mir or gonzaga will be great!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:49 pm

would anyone else like to see a three way mma fight or is it just me?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:39 pm

Brock will win on stamina and strength Randy is a great fighter but Brock come on he is a freakin' Beast!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:27 pm

This fight already happened Whirlwind, callllmmmm Razz

Dealing with a 3 way fight.. that wouldn't work too well at all. Would be way too dangerous, definitly if two people choose to team up on a guy at first. I'm guessing you don't watch that much MMA to think like that >.>

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:32 pm

oh i know the dangers i would just like to see it happen, or a tornado tag woo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:36 pm

i Watch MMA all the time and a three way fight would be awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:37 pm

see someone has a creative mind like me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:40 pm

I could imagine someone getting them in a Kamora and the other guy comes in and start's Whalin' on the guy givin' the submission and endin' the fight by KO!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:19 pm

MMA is not built for multi men fights... Grapplers would be at a serious disadvantage, two no intelligent fighter would engage another fighter co'z it will give the third guy the advantage to take both out which will result in just 3 people dancing around and not fighting... Multi men fights in MMA is not possible...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:41 pm

It is impossible but it could be exciting if it was

Chuck "Iceman" Liddel vs Wanderlei "The Axe Murderer" Silva vs Quinton "Rampage" Jackson

Because 3 guys who go out Bangin'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:46 pm

Not really... As I mentioned no intelligent fighter will engage himself and leave himself open for a third guy to attack... At most it will just become a brawl if nothing else and a mindless brawl is not MMA...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:53 pm

I take MMA classes for fun And me and my friends at practice had a 3 way fight i lost by submission to an oma plata but they taped it and we were bangin' each other hard it was awesome i thought but we were havin' fun and in a pro fight they won't just be havin' fun they will make it strategical so it could be boring.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum