United Front Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hiring New People

Go down

Hiring New People Empty Hiring New People

Post by Guest Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:12 pm

Being up where we are, I don't think we should hire just anyone. Obviously I'm just another person around here but I still think this would be a good idea to get out.

Whenever we go looking for people, or someone is asking to join us, we should actually put them through a Job Interview kind of thing. We give them things they must answer:

Personality of their character
What are their plans
What kind of contract they expect
How often can they Rp

And of course an RP sample to see how good they are.

With how they perform on those questions and what other ones you wish to ask, it will affect their contract, or if they will even be hired at all. Of course, their chracter itself will take effect on that. But by doing this, it can help make sure we don't pick up useless new recruits (Unless of course you want to grab some people to take up useless space).

Just a thought, what do others think? ^_^

Last edited by Avric on Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Hiring New People Empty Re: Hiring New People

Post by Guest Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:14 pm

when i joined i was asked to write a piece on why i should be allowed in the fed

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:24 pm

It is basically a trial and error approach. Most new guys, especially lower level guys get a short contract to see what they can or if they do anything. The guys that have higher levels and fans I will usually sign to a longer term right off the bat because they know what is expected of them in a fed.
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 639
Registration date : 2008-02-16

https://unitedfrontwrestling.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:32 pm

yaeh and i was low leveled and still am really at level 8 but im gettin better

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:12 pm

the idea is good but when i got singed to this fed i was a lvl 5 with no exp of being in a fed at all but i did was online often i didn't even had thinked of a gimmick because i knew nothing of what a fed was and all but now lot of season further i think i do it pretty good so i think giving new a guys a short contract is the best because then you can see if they wan to get better(or are already good) and if they aren't they are away in no time but of course you can always try and could look a bit at it but they can also lie and say they RP 4 hours a day and are never online but a good sugestion i think i could be done but don't only go after RP skill also about if they are online often and whant to learn and then still give them a short contract because they can lie everything and steal a RP from someone of there old fed and change the name

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:48 pm

Yes that was awhile ago though. I'm not trying to be mean, so I wont say any names, but certian people should really get training in the lower federations before coming up to these big ones. One, their character will do nothing but lose constantly, two, they will only drag us down with their fans/entrances, and have no one to help gain them fans and thus hurt our other players. Three, they seem to have no clue what to do, and being in the level of competition this federation is in, we don't have time to help someone -that- much considering they'll never benifit us.

I can see picking up people that are level 7+ now, but someone under that should focus on the lower divisions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:52 pm

you raise a good point but you can never say no to someone just on level, they could be the best rp'er in the world, you never know, but i do agree with some of you points

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:01 pm

Best rper or not, their character themselves is what would hold us back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:06 pm

then again you dont know if he has a good character until they join the fed, thats what i'm trying to say

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:32 pm

and if they make good RP they get more showtime and get more fans and entrace soon and having someone with 100 entrace and 2000 fans but don't log in to the forum to RP we also got noting about so i think this is a hard situation because yyou want RP and high players so i think TJ is doing the best there is giving low players a sort amount of time to proove them and signing higher player for their benefits

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:43 pm

I'll give anyone a chance depending on the contracts availible. I seriously doubt I could get a level 7 to 10 to sign a Jobber contract. It would pay them about 1% of show income.
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 639
Registration date : 2008-02-16

https://unitedfrontwrestling.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:45 pm

You can teach RP to people rather easily, I've done it plenty of times ^.^

Though if they have low fans, it will take a long time to get them up and they'll hold us back. And by the time they are equal and helping us, I could have long taught a good person to rp.

It's just hard getting the low fan people up when they don't have others around their skill level, and thus, that means we need to hire even more bad people which will weaken our sales and hold us others down too.

So it's like: Hire low fan/entrance people, and teach them how a fed works, if they don't know rp, show them proper rping.

Or

Hire a higher fan/entrance person who may know how to rp and a fed works, if not teach them as well.

I don't mind the hire someone and see if they know what they're doing, but I thin this high up, hiring lower people wont help much unless you get enough of them, which then it holds the federation back a bit. Not my call on what you want but I think get a decent amount of them, or none at all, or else they aren't going to get anywhere really.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:39 pm

Well we may get lucky... When I signed on I was level 6 I think... And took to rp'ing well... Besides there are amusing ways to put non-rp'ing people in the shows... We've had um... Unfortunate accidents happen to them in shows... Hehehehe... Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:49 pm

I agree with avric

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:43 pm

i agree with some points but I think O'shea said it best.. we can't know how they'll do until they're signed....

I remember when I signed here I got only 300 fans... And if TJ has not taken a chance on me, i probably will still be an unknown person... now I got to more than 1000 fans, and if there is someone out there in this fed who's got lower stats but RPs constantly, I will be willing to fight them in matches just to raise their fans as well... The same way that everyone here in UFW has given me a chance...

aw crap... now I'm gonna cry!!!!!! WAAAHHHH ... Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:11 am

when i joined i was level 6, 50 fans, 10 entrances, and I knew nothing about rp. Now I know alot about rping and have 513 fans. Its just like TJ said its a matter of trial and error.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:21 am

Yup, plus we had good rp'ers just fade away after they lost interest or couldn't afford the time to play anymore... Conrey is a recent example...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:04 pm

yeah i joined at level 6 with 80 fans now i have 850 and a rp frequently

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:25 am

hey powerhouse i read that you're willing to fight young guys to help them in this fed and by the way i have a good rp with sholto(lvl5) and i have a match against him next show (Riot!) but i'm lvl 7 and i need more fans cuz i have only 80 so pls can you help me cuz my fans are going down if i fight sholto cuz his 2 lvl's lower then me .......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:27 am

k@n3 wrote:hey powerhouse i read that you're willing to fight young guys to help them in this fed and by the way i have a good rp with sholto(lvl5) and i have a match against him next show (Riot!) but i'm lvl 7 and i need more fans cuz i have only 80 so pls can you help me cuz my fans are going down if i fight sholto cuz his 2 lvl's lower then me .......

uhmm sorry... we're in different shows... and I'm not part of the booking staff.... I guess this message is better directed to them...

but if you want to fight me in a show...I'd agree. But me agreeing to it doesn;t change anything...im still in a different show and not part of the mods... sorry again....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down