United Front Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragons of a Different Color

Go down

Dragons of a Different Color Empty Dragons of a Different Color

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:29 pm

Dragon's log: August 15, 2008
Phone call from UFW Offices-

GM Brandon Pierce (phone): "... I must say. I'm looking forward to working with you, Dragon. You could really add some spice to the UFW roster. But, this isn’t Riot, Johnson. This is the big leagues. Here, we have top-shelf competition and we pay for excellence. I admit I don't know a lot about you, but what you have told me here in this conversation, and the surveillance footage video I had smuggled out of the Ukraine..."
Dragon (phone): "How did you get that..."
GM Brandon Pierce (phone): "I have my sources. You don't get to be a man in my position without a few secrets, and I suggest you don't interrupt me when I'm speaking, Richard. Its not a wise way to start our business relationship especially with what I'm paying you. By the way, may I call you Richard?"
Dragon (phone): "I can do that. You'll have the fax with the contract and my signature in a few moments. Looks like we are gonna be seeing a lot of each other. I'm looking forward to making some money with you and sending your product to new heights of popularity. I'm the real deal, Pierce. You can be sure of that."
GM Brandon Pierce (phone): "We'll see. I'll be the judge of that, and its 'Sir' to you. Just make sure you crawl out of whatever rat hole you're in and make the debut show or its your neck in the grinder."
:::Click:::

Dragon's Log: August 22, 2008
The Road To UFW- The Wacovia Center; Philadelphia, PA
Three nights before UFW’s next card.

George Daniels: " Hello fans and we're back at what has been a historic night in the world of professional wrestling. We're live here in the great Hardcore city of brotherly Love, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Johnny, Philly has been the home of so many incarnations of professional wrestling, from the legendary original ECW to modern institutions such as Ring of Honor and CZW. In fact, I remember seeing the bleach blonde Sting wrestle Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert not to far from here at the great Philadelphia Civic Center in what was still the NWA."
Johnny Devil: "Civic Center? Are you crazy?! You're much braver than I am by dating yourself and saying you saw such legends as those live. Its true, in order to be anybody in this business, you have to draw the numbers and put the buts in the seats here in Philadelphia, and UFW is doing just that! The Wacovia Center is filled to capacity and across the packing lot, we've got the Wacovia Spectrum wired with closed circuit TV of us live, and even they are at standing room only. All this to see what we, the Champaign of Wrestling, have in store tomorrow for you wrestling fans. I'm excited to be here, George. Its gonna be a Hoot!"
George Daniels: "Ummm... a Hoot its gonna be, :::laughs::: Johnny. There's nothing like the level of competition here at Riot! Wrestling!"
Johnny Devil: "Civic Center? isn't that a bingo/flea market venue now?"

:::: The lights darken. The crowd goes bonkers as all eyes filter towards the jumbo screen above the entrance ramp::::

::: The sound of burning fire and a reptilian roar erupts through the speakers. Flames dances on the screen as the pyro burns off the entranceway. Big bold letters appear on the screen 'He Is Coming!' A large red dragon comes into view on the Jumbotron and smashes through the letters, breaking them and comes towards the viewer. A fireball is born out of the mouth of the dragon and instantly a fireball and cherry bomb explode on the ramp, to the delight of the crowd. When everyone's vision clears for the flash and their hearing returns, the dragon is replaced on the screen with the words burning in fire 'Richard " The Dragon" Johnson! The crowd goes crazy at the startling news::::

Johnny Devil: "OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! It’s true. UFW has really done it this time. The YouTube sensation, Richard 'The Dragon' Johnson is coming to United Front Wrestling!”

George Daniels: "The underground buzz about this unknown international fighter actually coming to American shores to compete has been staggering. About the only way you could see this guy is through grainy and shaky footage on video sharing sites on the internet, but even so, those sites have recorded thousands of hits. Johnson is known as a superstar MMA fighter with championships across the world. This is one tough hombre! I understand that the fans know that there has been a bidding war for Johnson's contract, and it appears that UFW has pulled it off! The Dragon is coming to United Front Wrestling.”
Johnny Devil: "Great! My paycheck is secure!"

Dragon’s Log: August 27, 2008
Phone conversation from UFW Offices

GM Brandon Pierce (phone): “Johnson, its Brandon Pierce. That was an interesting match you had last night. I thought you were ready for the competition?”

Dragon: “Hello, Sir. Hey, I may have lost last night in the ring, but I guarantee 4Real is feeling that match too. I came knocking to the federation as I said I would, and 4Real is still hearing it.”

GM Pierce: “I suppose it was a hard fought match. I told you about the quality of wrestler we have here, and I guess I shouldn’t expect much more out of your first match. That is home grown talent there, Johnson. You’re going to have to up your game if you want to compete in the UFW and validate the price I paid for your services. I have you scheduled next show on the 30th, so you can try to redeem yourself. I hope you know how to bounce back from your matches.”

Dragon: “I am ready for the contract I signed for, Pierce. I can kick tail from pillar to post, from sea to shinning sea, and from boarder to boarder of this promotion you’ve created here. Not to worry about me, boss. I’ve got a pretty spectacular conditioning regiment. Speaking of which, Jessica won’t be in today for the first trial run-through of the event. Apparently, she isn’t up to my level of conditioning and will still be recovering from my ‘regiment.”

GM Pierce: “….. May I make a suggestion that you begin to limit your rehabilitation from your matches with the town locals and not my paid staff. I have a team to field, Johnson, and performances cannot be compromised. Tell her I expect her to be out of bed, whoever’s that may be, and back in for soundcheck Thursday morning. Oh, and Johnson…”

Dragon: “Yes, boss?”

GM Pierce: “Adequate job. Pick up the pace will ya? I’m expecting something big from you.”

Dragon: “BIG is my, umm, middle name. But don’t tell anyone. It’s a surprise.”

Dragon's Log: August 30, 2008
UFW Saturday Night live card – Dragon vs. NOTNobody

::: Backstage, just behind the entrance curtain::::

Dragon: "Man, if I knew that crappy night vision footage of me kicking the crap out of that masked man in that Warsaw parking garage would've gotten me this much buzz, I'd have released it myself a long time ago. YouTube, who woulda thought? That Pierce's a genius!"
Ring Attendant: (Sarcastically) "Yeah that swerve angle the last two seasons of Riot Wrestling couldn’t have helped. ::: Smiles::: That's why he's the General Manager of this business, he knows his stuff."

::: The Attendant's face looks troubled::::

Ring Attendant: "You sure you wanna go through with this? I mean its totally not what people are expecting. I know your creditals. You don't have to do this. This is over the top."
Dragon: "That's exactly why I'm doing it. Always keep them guessing. I can dance in the ring, that will keep them in the seats. Its getting them in them I'm worried about."
Ring Attendant: "Knock them out, champ."

:::Ringside, Live:::

George Daniels: "Hello again and welcome, fans, the Riot! Wresting! The world standard of excellence in professional wrestling! I'm George Daniels, your co-host for this evening's affairs and this is my partner in crime, Johnny Devil. We like to thank you for joining us here for tonight's non stop action."
Johnny Devil: "Georgie Pourgie… Pumpkin Pie… kiss the girls and made them cry. You're gonna cry if you miss what's in store for you tonight on this program. Look at the crowd gathered here tonight, you think they're giving something away!"
George Daniels: "We are, Johnny, and that is the best professional wrestling their time and money can buy. Just remember that the...."

::: The sound of burning fire and a reptilian roar erupts through the speakers. Flames dances on the screen as the pyro burns off the entranceway. Big bold letters appear on the screen 'He Is Coming!' A large red dragon comes into view on the Jumbotron and smashes through the letters, breaking them and comes towards the viewer. A fireball is born out of the mouth of the dragon and instantly a fireball and cherry bomb explode on the ramp, to the delight of the crowd. When everyone's vision clears for the flash and their hearing returns, the dragon is replaced on the screen with the words burning in fire 'HE IS HERE. Richard "The Dragon" Johnson!' The crowd goes crazy at the realization that the time has come::::

::: 'Unleash the Dragon' by Sisqo spouts out of the entrance area in-between the columns of pulsating pillars of flame popping up along the entrance ramp. A blinding white light shoots out and standing in silhouette is the dark image of a tall man. Walking forward out of the light, wearing a cobalt blue silk dobak with a silver twisting dragon from front to back, comes 'The dragon' Richard Johnson. His black trunks show a large dragonhead on the front of his crotch. The Dragon is shielding himself from his magnificence with a pair of mirrored navigator sunglasses. After pausing for dramatic effect and signaling to the crowd, the mystery man begins his date with destiny and his revelation to the prime-time world. :::

George Daniels: "There he is, ladies and gentlemen, the infamous Richard 'The Dragon' Johnson, in all his glory. Looks like he's sunk some money into tonight, doesn’t he?"
Johnny Devil: "Yeah... Strange. He doesn't look like the hardcore bare-knuckles champion he's reputed to be."
George Daniels: "Looks more like... a ... a..."
Johnny Devil: "A clown? He looks like a Hollywood movie star with those glasses. A parity of the Martial Arts champion he's supposed to be. Something is up here. I can feel it."

:::: The Dragon climbs into the ring, loosens his silk sash-like belt, revealing his chest and wash-board abs to the crowd and holds his arms out, spinning slowly around displaying his chiseled frame to those in attendance. A genuine grin is upon his face. The Dragon calls for a mic. ::::

Dragon: "Yes, America. Richard 'The Dragon' Johnson is here in United Front Wrestling and I’m happy to be here."

::: An unsure silence falls upon the crowd. Mixed in are still some catcalls from swooning ladies... and some men, at the sight of the rock of a body this prize fighter has created. Still, the boo-birds in attendance begin to get riled up.::::

Dragon: "It is a privilege to be here tonight and perform in front of all you fans in the audience and at home. I’ve worked hard to reach this, :::gesturing towards his chiseled frame::: the pinnacle of human perfection and here, the pinnacle of wrestling perfection, the UFW. Yes, I am a champion MMA fighter. I could be making millions fighting in Octagon rings in front of Hollywood Royalty. Instead, I am privileged to perform in a square ring in front of all you fans for your hard-earned dollars, and for that, I thank you.”

Dragon: "Wrestling fans, look upon the modern-day Adonis. A chiseled Greek God. The pinnacle of what can be. Richard ‘The Dragon’ Johnson, your champion. I am a martial arts master, but that's not where I got my nick name from."

::: The Dragon opens his arms out wide again as before. He leans slightly back pointing his chin down into his chest. The Dragonhead printed on his trunks peeks out from under his short robe. :::

Johnny Devil: "Wait a minute! His name, Johnson... Dragon... Richard... they're all nick names for... for..."
George Daniels: "Oh my..."

:::: Somewhere in the front row, a woman faints. ::::

Dragon: "I have racked up championships across the world, and I'm really looking forward to some conquests across the states here in United Front Wrestling. But, there's plenty of time for that. Now its time to earn my peanuts, NOTNobody, get your tail down here in the ring!"

:::: NOTNobody’s music hits and with a wave of cheers and applause, NOTNobody appears and makes his way to the ring. :::

George Daniels: "Well, before tonight, who would've thought NOTNobody was gonna be the fan favorite in this match?"
Johnny Devil: "Dragon’s the favorite at least with the women tonight, George. Lock up your wives and daughters, fans. Richard ‘The Dragon’ Johnson is here in the UFW!”

Back to top Go down