United Front Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raul responds to his summons...

Go down

Raul responds to his summons... Empty Raul responds to his summons...

Post by Guest Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:05 am

Raul Stevens is in his locker-room showering after winning his first match in UFW.

As he dries off and looks around the empty locker room he recognizes that being in a locker room by himself certainly isn't what he thought being a part of professional wrestling was going to be. He remembers the team work and camaraderie that existed in his high school and college sports careers - and then the close friendships that were developed as he trained for submission fighting - and sighs as he realizes that there's no one in the locker room that's going to congratulate him on his win or tease him about his mistakes.

I can't wait until this whole mess is settled... Raul mutters under his breath.

As he gets dressed in a beige suit with a black shirt and a dark brown and black striped tie, he hears his cell phone chirping.

He picks up his phone to see that he has missed 3 text messages. Some of the emotional weight that was creating small signs on Raul's face like slightly furrowed eyebrows, and tenseness in his shoulders seems to lessen as he thinks, briefly, that perhaps someone back home saw his match and was trying to get in touch with him. He quickly cycles to the messages.

The first message reads: How'd you like my note? ~Boy Bakla

Raul shakes his head and chuckles. That... "guy".... is a piece of work.

The second message reads: Current developments unacceptable. Do your job.

Dang it! Raul's face is temporarily overcome by anger. I've only been here a week. What do they expect! He regains control, and calmly texts a reply. Message received.

He cycles to the third message:

"Mrs. Winslow would like to see you in her office immediately."

Raul finishes getting dressed, sprays on some Calvin Klein cologne, and heads to Mrs. Winslow's office. The secretary tells him that she is currently visiting with another wrestler, and Raul sits down to wait.

Back to top Go down

Raul responds to his summons... Empty Re: Raul responds to his summons...

Post by Guest Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:21 am

eventually, the door opens. raul stevens looks up expectantly as the secretary motions for him to go see the general manager.

she briefly nods in approval as he enters.

"it's not often i get to compliment a wrestler for coming to the general manager's office ready for business. i must compliment on your suit, mr stevens. as well as your very impressive win. i think you may have a future as a competitor here. but please give me an update on your recent meetings."

he briefs the old woman on the progress - or lack thereof - of his meetings with the roster, all the while observing her reaction.

"this is sad to know, mr stevens. but i am willing to play hardball with these people."

she falls silent, considering her next course of action. a few seconds pass before she continues.

"anyway, you did very well in your first ufw match. so an step up is in order. this saturday you will be taking on temperedjoker as your next opponent."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:41 am

Raul stands quietly as he processes what he has just heard.

Thank you, Mrs. Winslow, for the confidence you express in my wrestling ability. TemperedJoker is one of the wrestlers I admired from the outside-looking-in before I jonied this federation, and it will be an honor to meet him in the ring.

On the other front - let me encourage a little bit of patience on your part. Negotiations sometimes work best when a show of good faith is made. My initial contact with RIOT was less than satisfactory. Let me see what takes place over the next 24 hours, and I will hopefully be able to share with you some negotiating details from RIOT's point of view.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:25 am

the old woman gives him a thoughtful look.

"you have considerable faith in these people to come to the table. but i like your sense of urgency."

"however, your timetable suggests that ufw gives them a sweetener. i am very reluctant to do this, as the last time i gave them a concession, bubba gump became international champion. and then they demanded more. trying to prop up a bankrupt company as a model of what's right in wrestling is laughable, and shows just how deluded these riot wrestlers are."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:40 am

Mrs. Winslow, I think that per our prior conversation, the terms that you outlined demand a response of some sort. I think that if you feel that true settlement is going to take place, those terms work as an initial conversation starter. If you insist on playing hardball, i don't think that you will receive what I hope is your goal - a unified company with similar goals in mind.

I certainly understand your feelings from a management point of view. I need to communicate those to the proper decision makers in RIOT, something I apparently failed to do last week. There will be a response. It's hard to imagine that response will be all favorable.

The contract you signed agreeing for me to be a mediator simply places me in a position of helping negotiate a settlement. In any negotiation, concessions will have to be made. I understand your reluctance to do so. I also know you understand that continued escalation only hurts the federation as a whole, and short-term losses in any concessions RIOT may or may not request could certainly outweigh long-term losses if the fans stop tuning in to watch the product you and those who managed before you worked hard to put together.

If RIOT refuses to respond by coming to the negotiating table, you would be perfectly within your managerial rights to take steps that would make negotiating more palatable.

By the way, I noticed your styling your hair differently today. It suits you - it really sets off your cheekbones.

Was there anything else you wished to discuss? I would like to try to communicate the urgency of settlement to RIOT.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:13 pm

"no. no, that will be all. thank you for your efforts in helping us get to a resolution on riot. you best start preparing for joker," says the old woman.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:19 pm

Thank you. I'll update you tomorrow on any progress.

Raul leaves the office just as Aaron O'Shea and Rey-Rey come storming in. Raul gives them a puzzled look, and then heads down the hall.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down