United Front Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Old Woman and the Rockstar

Go down

The Old Woman and the Rockstar Empty The Old Woman and the Rockstar

Post by Guest Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:01 am

she was surprised by the news her secretary had given her. she had been convinced that she would have to make good on her threat.

she could still very well have to do that, but that would largely depend on how things go.

"have a seat," she curtly told robert conrey as he entered her office.

"Thanks."

Robert sat down, a stern look on his face.

"you and your new friends are taking your 'make a riot' gimmick very seriously," the general manager sourly tells him.

A hint of a smile crooks the corner of Conrey's lips. "You can't blame us for that. We don't tell them to go that crazy."

"don't give me that. what brings you here?"

"I'm here to talk business, not gloat. But I'm not here to talk about making concessions."

mrs winslow seems to take umbrage at this.

"then we have nothing to talk about."

"Yes we do. It's called the future," Robert interrupted her. "You sent your boy Raul on a fool's errand, because you're not going to sack us, or send us home for the rest of our contracts."

"don't assume i am bluffing, mr conrey."

"I'll take my chances and say you are. I'm not blind to the ratings and ticket sales, ma'am. UFW is making a lot of money off Riot, and while you may not like the direction we want for this company, you do like the money we're making."

"you're assuming again, mr conrey. if you think you're irreplaceable--"

"We ARE. We keep making trouble for you, but the fact is you have not gone so far as to release us from our contract, let alone try and suspend us. I know you don't like how the Riot fans got really rowdy on our last show, but they paid to come into this building to see Gump, Jamal, JK, Dragon, Gods of Greatness, Chubbs, Ator, Rock, Buddha and ME. Riot has been attacking your wrestlers every chance we get, and the fans love it. Even the ones who don't agree with us love it."

"what is your point? are you here asking for more money?"

Conrey pauses. "It's not so much about money, but other changes. It irks you to know that Riot have a valid argument, just as much as it irked Brandon when he was General Manager. You don't like it when the Rock, Dank Buddha and I joined their side because we agree with them. Don't think we'll be the last wrestlers to jump to Riot."

the old woman sneers at the rockstar.

"oh yes, you want more opportunities for titles and big matches. as I recall correctly robert, you won and lost that guaranteed title shot. we didn't strip you of your title shot -- you lost it on your own."

"I lost to a piece of garbage who you are now propping up because he's now on your side," Robert countered. "You got your marketing team raising Chriso on a pedestal, when that guy is completely screwed in the head."

"maybe, but that does not change the fact chriso beat you for it, without outside help. you could not close the deal then, mr conrey, and it seems your new friends are having the same problem."

Robert Conrey is taken aback.

"That's a lie. Riot came out on top at Battleground."

"yes they did, mr conrey. and they have you to thank. and what did that get you? you joined a group that's angry, and have no clue what to do after they got their big win. two weeks after, and you're still mucking around."

The Rockstar humphs in disagreement.

"That's what you say? People join Riot and you say that is nothing? Do you think the janitor quitting on us is worth more than Dank Buddha, or Rocky? If we are not as competent as you claim us to be, it is strange you have not gotten rid of us. We have our fans coming to the shows. We have our own referee now, and still we are not barred from the fed. At Battleground Riot fought without any strings attached, but we for PRIDE. We showed the whole world what Riot can do. You cannot get rid of us even if you could, ma'am, because you want payback."

the old woman shakes her head in disbelief, but conrey continues.

"And even if you don't think we're worth the trouble, your wrestlers do. And that's why I'm here today."

despite herself, mrs winslow sardonically asked, "you have a deal then?"

"Pay per view. Rematch. Riot vs UFW."

"a pay per view rematch," the old woman repeated. "that's it?"

Robert Conrey shook his head.

"Far from it. This rematch isn't going to be a freebie."

The Rockstar pauses, watching Mrs. Winslow's reaction. She crooks an eyebrow, gesturing at him to continue.

"If we win, we get control of United Front Wrestling."

"oh you are pushing it."

"No I'm not."

"unacceptable."

"I think it's a good deal--"

"what does united front wrestling get out of this? do we get to disband your little gang? are you willing to put your whole group on the line?"

Robert Conrey pauses, though his expression is defiant.

"Your wrestlers want to get even, Mrs. Winslow. Or they may come around to seeing things our way. Either way, I'm sure you wouldn't mind having Riot vs UFW for your next big event. The money is there, and your team gets a chance to get even."

"you don't have all the cards here."

"No, but if you throw us out, the whole industry will know that a company that no longer exists just whooped UFW."

The Rockstar stands up, preparing to leave.

"You don't have to decide now. But you do have to think whether what I'm telling you now is just a bunch of nothing, or the truth. UFW wants a rematch. Riot is ready for it, but we want something out of it."

Robert Conrey heads for the door, leaving a troubled General Manager.

Back to top Go down