United Front Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raul comes to check on Bubba...

Go down

Raul comes to check on Bubba... Empty Raul comes to check on Bubba...

Post by Guest Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:00 pm

Raul, wearing a pair of faded blue jeans, a white t-shirt, and a v-necked sweater, exits the arena and heads toward the traineing sinter. As he enters the bar, he notices that it's a little quieter than normal - especially considering the fact that it's right after a show. The place should be packed, but instead, it's almost dead. There are a few people hanging around, but as Raul enters the bar they all look down at the tables or slap money down and head for the back door.

Raul walks up to the bar where cousin Buford is taking orders. Buford looks up at Raul, but before he can say anything, Raul slaps a $20 on the bar and says:

I'm not here to cause trouble. I just want a beer, and want to thcek in on Bubba after our match. Is he alright?

Back to top Go down

Raul comes to check on Bubba... Empty Re: Raul comes to check on Bubba...

Post by Guest Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:37 pm

Loudly, so that the entire bar can hear: Long as nobody starts no trouble, everyone’s ALWAYS welcome in my bar.

Buford looks up at Raul and grimaces. He slowly turns and grabs an empty glass from the shelf and beings filling it. Buford brings over a bottle of brew and sets it on the bar. As he slides over the beer, he also pushes back the $20.

As Raul begins to protest about the return of his money, Buford eyes turn from sorrow to firm resolve. Buford leans in closer to Raul and says quietly: Last time you were here… my cousin was lost and angry. Since you done said them things bout family to him, he’s been doin a lot of thinkin. When I looked into his eyes before that match, I started seein that look back in his eyes from when we got started in this business. I think he’s startin to enjoy wrestlin again. And right now, all I’s got is you to thank for that.

Buford: Look, I’s know you were out there just doin yer job an all. But right now… Right now ain’t really a good time. That said, it sure does speak volumes bout you that you came to check on ‘em. He’ll appreciate it.

Buford steps back and cracks his grin at Raul: Course, after that there match, he’s likely ta try to get him some payback in that ring. Best be careful. When that boy get’s on his ornery streak, he sure can be a pain.

Buford winks at Raul. With the slightest of nods, Buford gestures over toward a solitaire figure sitting in the corner. There are ice packs and hot towels wrapped over arms and legs and head.

He’s had worse matches. He’ll pull through fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:03 pm

Raul looks over toward Bubba, nods slightly, and then looks back to Buford.

Raul: Thanks for the beer.

Raul sips the beer, grimaces slightly, then puts on a small smile.

Dang buford - is that the beer or the glass that tastes like that?

Buford begins to protest, but Raul waves it off.

No, no - it's fine. I think it's just been awhile since I've had a beer in a bar as unique as yours. I'm sure it's just the atmosphere I'm tasting.

Raul takes another sip - then looks up at Buford.

Is it true what I hear? Did he take out Conrey and take back the reigns of RIOT publicly? Holy crap, Buford! He was half crippled after that match. Where'd he get the strength to pull that off? Is that why it's so quiet in here?

Last edited by Raul Stevens on Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:10 pm

Bufords demeanor changes from that of his normal, humours self, to that of reverence.

Burford: Where that boy get's his strength from is beyond me. Reckon he's just that passionate to do what he feels is right by him and his. Mayhap the difference what keeps him gettin in the ring, and me behind this here bar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:23 pm

Raul takes another small sip of his beer, then checks his watch. He stands up, reaches into his pocket, pulls out a money clip, and quickly folds out ten fifty-dollar bills. He picks up what's left of his beer, downs it in one quick swallow, and then sets the empty glass on the money he put on the bar.

Scanning the bar and looking everywhere except the corner that Bubba is sitting, he says loudly

Next round is on me - in honor of one of the toughest 'rasslers in UFW - Bubba Gump!

As the remaining patrons in the bar give up a light cheer and start to move toward the bar, and those standing at the windows trying to see if a brawl was going to break out surge toward the entrance, Raul looks at Buford, and says quietly:

If this doesn't cover it, I'm' good for the rest. If there's anything left, keep it as a tip. You're a good man. Take care of your cousin, and if he doesn't remember later - remind him I stopped by to see how he was feeling.

Raul turns and slides sideways through the patrons beginning to crowd up to the bar, looking once over to the corner where Bubba was sitting, and then, once through the crowd, he squared his shoulders and headed out the door of the bar.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down